Updated Cancellation Policy for all tours with Powell River Sea Kayak and Cabana Desolation Eco Resort.
Updated March 26th, 2020.
We know you may have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and what it means for you as a traveller. More information is coming out every day, and that can make this a confusing time to travel.
Although we view nature-based travel in small group tours or kayak rentals as much lower risk compared to sports travel, concerts, cruise ships or similar, we understand the potential challenges COVID-19 creates with regards to accessing our destination due to government imposed travel bans or flight cancellations.
To help ease concerns with regards to potential cancellations due to travel bans or flight cancellation, we have created a unique, temporary cancellation policy for anything pre-booked through our company.
As of March 26, our cancellation policy for the 2020 season is thus:
No Need to Cancel Early!
- In even the best circumstances, we are empathetic towards a customer’s need to cancel their trips with us, and we therefore have one of the most generous cancellation policies in the industry.
- A key feature of our cancellation policy includes the final 50% of the payment not being due until customers arrive for their tour, while most other companies require final payment months in advance. With this in mind, we are encouraging customers to hold off cancelling until they are certain their trip will not occur.
- To further help with this during the current uncertainty, we are extending our typical cancellation policy to 30 days from 60 days before the start of a tour. That is, customers will receive a full refund less the administration fee up to 30 days before their trip date. This will allow customers to hold off cancelling a trip for an extra 30 days without any further affect on their refund.
- In addition, Powell River Sea Kayak and Cabana Desolation Eco Resort will allow date-changes at any time, without incurring any extra fees, for dates up to the end of 2021.
- If Powell River Sea Kayak Ltd. cancels, options include a gift certificate, change of date or full refund.
How COVID-19 effects travel is unknown and rapidly changing. For this reason, we will continue to monitor government reports and update this policy as needed.
Reservations made at a given time will have applied the current policy at that time, and notes will be made with their reservation to apply that particular policy in case this changes due to evolving circumstances.
Not covered under this policy:
- This unique and temporary cancellation policy is strictly limited to official travel disruptions and does not cover personal beliefs, feelings, or concerns about traveling to and from Powell River.
- This policy only covers the amount paid to Powell River Sea Kayak Ltd. as per the customer’s invoice. Any non-refundable expenses occurred with third parties relating to the tour (for example, ferry reservations, non-refundable flights, etc) are the responsibility of the customer.
- Once a tour or rental has commenced, cancellations or early returns will be subject to our regular cancellation policy.
- Cancellations due to illness, whether COVID-19 or other (Powell River Sea Kayak Ltd. cannot be held responsible for people’s individual choices that may have led to their illness).
- General travel warnings (must be an official government restriction).
- In addition to your trip with us, if you are travelling for other reasons (eg: events) and this is cancelled, a refund for our trip will not be provided if you choose to cancel with us as well.
- All other considerations in our regular policy, such as inclement weather.
Please note: our operation does not begin until after mid-May (or slightly earlier for kayak rentals). Although we are hopeful risks surrounding COVID-19 will have subsided by that time, if risks do persist, we will be doing everything in our control to manage these risks within our own company by following the “being prepared” information on the government of Canada website.
As with all our trips, in addition to COVID-19, we suggest guests consider trip cancellation insurance. In particular, some credit cards have this built into their platform, with coverage automatic when paying with that particular card.