Updated October 13th, 2021
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose challenges to tourism-related businesses across the globe. While we understand that it can be difficult to plan vacations in such times of uncertainty, and we all sincerely hope that the situation is resolved as soon as possible, please understand that at this time our very generous regular cancellation policy is in effect for 2022 trips.
For prospective guests considering reserving trips for 2022:
- Please do not book a tour or package with PRSK if you are concerned COVID may affect your plans.
- Please do not book before first reading and understanding our cancellation policy, which is in effect even if COVID is still impacting travel by your trip date.
- Please do not book if you expect a refund if COVID affects your travel plans (or consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance).
- We encourage all our guests at this time to be fully vaccinated before booking 2022 tours and packages. Much is changing regarding COVID, vaccinations and related policies. Although proof of vaccination is not yet required to book your 2022 tour, this requirement is going into effect by the provincial government September 13th 2021. We anticipate proof of vaccination will be required at some point prior to your trip. If this requirement is in effect by the provincial or federal government at the time of a trip and a guest does not meet these requirements, their participation in the trip will be cancelled and all monies forfeited. In such cases we will make every attempt to fill the spots at which time a full refund will be provided minus the processing fee.
- If you book and can’t get here due to vaccination status and restrictions on travel, our regular cancellation policy applies.
If COVID-19 is still a major concern in Canada by the start of the 2022 season:
- As with the last 2 seasons, we will be in full operation and following our COVID Safety Plan, and utilizing the experience we received through our very successful and safe 2020 & 2021 seasons.
- Further COVID-Safe operating details may be communicated prior to commencing our 2022 season.
For U.S. guests:
- We encourage overseas and US guests to hold off on booking at Cabana Desolation Eco Resort until January 1st 2022, or until the situation regarding COVID, specifically the Delta variant, and international travel becomes more clear.
- If you still feel that you need to make a reservation for 2022, we are currently accepting bookings from US and overseas guests on a case-by-case basis for next season.
- For these guests, our regular cancellation policy will apply, with the following understanding:
- The guest(s) assume 100% of the risk concerning entry requirements into Canada relating to COVID or otherwise.
- If you are booking from outside of Canada and need to cancel for any reason, whether it is related to COVID, government restrictions, travel restrictions or anything else, our full cancellation policy will be in effect and any monies paid are non-refundable.
- Whatever the requirements may be at the time of entering Canada, it is the responsibility of the guest(s) to ensure that they meet these requirements, and if they are unable to enter Canada – for any reason – our regular cancellation policy will apply. This includes failing a COVID test before entry.
- As always, we strongly recommend looking into cancellation insurance prior to booking.
For Overseas guests:
- Our policy for bookings for overseas guests is the same as for US guests above.
For anyone travelling by air, including from within Canada:
- Once a trip has been booked for 2022, our cancellation policy is in effect if airlines cancel a guest’s flight due to COVID or any other reason.
Rental COVID-19 Policy
- Our regular cancellation policy is in effect for all kayak rentals.