For everything related to our COVID-19 specific cancellation policy – click here.
Cancelling a trip is the last thing one thinks about when planning a vacation. However, circumstances can and do occur that result in an unplanned need to cancel. Although we have empathy for events that may result in needing to cancel, we operate during a very short season and with a very limited number of tours each year, and this policy is in effect under all circumstances.
When traveling, it is only prudent to ensure you are appropriately insured for all eventualities. All our guests are prompted to look into trip cancellation insurance through a travel agent or your insurance provider. Another good way to ensure you are covered for any unforeseen circumstances is through your credit card company. Check whether your credit card has the option to include travel insurance for all cancellations if you use the card to pay for your trip.
- A deposit of 50% including tax is required for all reservations at the time of booking.
- The remaining 50% balance is due 60 days in advance of the trip date. We will email a reminder with the invoice one week before this date and instructions for how this balance can be paid online.
- Any trips booked within this 60 day period of the trip start date will be required to pay 100% of the balance at the time of booking
- If received 61 days or more prior to the scheduled start, a $150 CAD per person cancellation fee applies.
- If received 0-60 days prior to start, then the reservation is 100% non-refundable.
If you do need to cancel, we will make every attempt to fill the cancelled spot. If we are able to fill the cancelled spots on a tour to 100% capacity, we will provide a full refund less the $150 per person processing fee.
- If you wish to change the date of your booked tour to another date in the same season:
- A $50 processing fee will be charged for such date changes if made more than 120 days before the date of the original tour.
- A $100 processing fee will be charged for such date changes if made between 119-30 days before the date of the original tour.
- It will be considered a cancellation if made less than 30 days before the date of the original tour and the regular cancellation policy will apply.
Change of Payment Policy:
- If you have made a deposit or full payment and wish to change the method of payment at a later date (for example, be refunded the initial payment so that you can use a different credit card for points or to suit an insurance policy):
- A fee of 3% of the total asked to be refunded will be added to the new payment to cover administration and credit card processing costs.
In addition to cancellation insurance, be sure your personal insurance is adequate to cover expenses caused by accidents in remote locations. Any costs arising from an unscheduled evacuation will be the responsibility of the client.
Powell River Sea Kayak Ltd. is not to be held responsible for any environmental factors that may cause a package or portion thereof to be cancelled due to safety concerns, travel restrictions or any perceived reductions in quality of a package due to rain, wind, smoke, fog, cold, heat, or any other environmental phenomenon during the package dates.
Powell River Sea Kayak’s cancellation policy is still in effect during times of poor air quality due to smoke, or if travel is restricted due to concerns surrounding COVID-19 or any other pandemic related issues.
Furthermore, any personal circumstances that may arise from guests that prevents them from participating in their tour such as health issues, injuries, or personal scheduling conflicts may not be used as exemptions from this policy. Although we have never cancelled a tour in 25 years, there is still a risk (albeit minor) that this can occur. Anyone looking to book a trip is sharing in this risk with us as a company. We therefore strongly recommend guests consider trip cancellation insurance. Some credit cards even have this built into their plans.
If you feel there is a possibility you may need to cancel for any reason (as mentioned above), and you are concerned you will not be refunded as stated in this possibility, we suggest refraining from making a reservation until such time as you feel more confident the trip will go ahead as planned.
Smoke & Wildfires
Wildfires are becoming more prevalent in BC. That said, conditions on the coast and areas that we kayak are seldom affected by smoke and wildfires, however this can occur. For most healthy people, these conditions are not dangerous. Our trips go ahead as planned with or without smoke. If you have any underlying health conditions that may impact your ability to paddle safely at these times, we recommend that you reconsider booking a trip, as our regular cancellation policy will remain in effect.
There are no exemptions to our cancellation policy for smoke or wildfire related issues unless there is a governmental evacuation order or alert in place and guests are unable to attend their tour or package.